«Repositioning Screen History» will be the subject of the plenaries and will form a strand running throughout the conference.
25 years after the ‘historical turn’ in film studies, we want to explore what new approaches and theoretical models for the study of screen history have been emerging over the past decades, and how changing environments and contexts have altered fields of study.
To this end we encourage submissions addressing the following questions and issues:
– Rethinking the Canon (directors, genres, movements, institutions, periodisations)
– New sources for new histories
– Issues of preservation and restoration
– Archival theories and practices
– The impact of digital technologies
– Decentring European Cinema and Television in the context of global media (cross-cultural influences, cooperation, distribution, reception, the impact of migration)
– Film History, Pedagogy, and Disciplinary Identity
The deadline for the submission of proposals is Friday 7 January 2011.
Please visit http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/screen/conference2011 to download the proposal template and for further submission details.
Heather Middleton – Journal and Conference Assistant
Direct line: +44 (0)141 330 5035
Fax: +44 (0)141 330 3515
University of Glasgow
Screen available online at http://screen.oxfordjournals.org