New Volume/Issue is now available on ScienceDirect
1. IFC – Advertising/Publication Info and Editorial Board
2. The impact of the Internet on political attitudes in Kuwait and Egypt Original Research Article
Ali Al-Kandari, Mohammed Hasanen
? We use the media gratifications theory to explore the impact of Internet on political attitudes. ? We conduct the study in Kuwait and Egypt. ? Internet use for self-expression has a negative impact on political efficacy. ? The use of social media and Internet use for information positively predict political engagement. ? Internet use has a relationship with the revolutionary movement that has recently occurred in Egypt.
3. An analysis of mobile Internet access in Thailand: Implications for bridging the digital divide Original Research Article
Chalita Srinuan, Pratompong Srinuan, Erik Bohlin
? This study examines the determinant factors of mobile Internet adoption in Thailand. ? A discrete choice model is employed together with data from a national survey in 2010. ? Price of mobile Internet service, fixed-line and demography are the crucial factors. ? Also, mobile Internet could be an alternative technology to bridge the digital divide.
4. Exploring the relationship between urbanized Malaysian youth and their mobile phones: A quantitative approach Original Research Article
Vimala Balakrishnan, Ram Gopal Raj
? We explored mobile phone usage pattern, motivations to use and behavioral issues. ? Both questionnaire surveys and 24-h diaries were used to gather data. ? Respondents use mobile phones for socializing and privacy purpose. ? Brand, trend and price are the main factors considered when purchasing phones. ? Mobile phone addiction and inappropriate use were observed among respondents.
5. A service oriented approach to Business Intelligence in Telecoms industry Original Research Article
Tanko Ishaya, Musiliudeen Folarin
? Service oriented approach to Business Intelligence. ? Real-time and accurate decision. ? Ensuring customer satisfaction.
6. IT support services for telecommuting workforce Original Research Article
? The need for efficient information services support for telecommuters will continue to increase. ? Without a solid IT department, telecommuting could result in an adversity for the employee. ? An essential element to effective telecommuting is an integrated network. ? Visibility supports are needed to allow telecommuters to communicate in an efficient manner.
7. The distributional effects of leapfrogging in mobile phones Original Research Article
? Rapid growth and leapfrogging in mobiles. ? Analysis of the pattern (egalitarian or non-egalitarian). ? Analysis by four quadrant diagram. ? Result is egalitarian.
8. Digital inequalities and implications for social inequalities: A study of Internet penetration amongst university students in South Africa Original Research Article
Toks Dele Oyedemi
? I study pattern of Internet access amongst South African university students. ? I conducted a survey with 1044 students from ten universities in South Africa. ? Besides campus access, other forms of access are occasioned by social inequalities. ? Categories such as race and geography define pattern of digital inequalities. ? Digital inequalities escalate the social inequalities experienced by many students.
9. Evaluating portal performan A study of the National Higher Education Fund Corporation (PTPTN) portal Original Research Article
Sulaiman Ainin, Shamshul Bahri, Asri Ahmad
? The National Higher Education Fund Corporation portal was analysed. ? The constructs used were based onWixom and Todd (2005)andOng et al. (2009). ? Empirical data collected using questionnaire survey. ? Perceived usefulness is the most significant factor that influences portal performance.
10. Communication imperatives for indigenous peoples’ representation in policy making: Lessons from the IPRA (Indigenous Peoples Rights Act) experience Original Research Article
Anne Marie Jennifer E. Eligio
11. For Your information